MASH – SMASH – OR whatever you may fondly call it, is a menu item MOST of us serve at least once a week! Nothing wrong with that!
That good ‘ol faithful that you can always rely on! And you can doll it up in so many ways. So how about trying these CHEESY POTATO WAFFLE BLINIS.
You won’t need much for these:
- 1 x cheap waffle maker (but you can also fry them as crumpets)
- 1 x small portion of leftover mash potato
- 1 x leftover Pecorino rind or any bits of cheese
And some pantry essentials – self raising flour, salt and butter
- Measure out ¼ cup of self raising flour and a pinch of salt
- Rub in 20g cold unsalted butter (if using salted butter, don’t add any salt. Also if your mash is salty, then no need to add any salt at all)
- Once the mixture resembles bread crumbs, add ½ cup leftover mash potato, 1/3 cup grated cheese and mix into a dough
- Form little balls (or any other shape) and bake in your waffle maker until golden. They crisp further as they cool down
- Makes 7 blinis in total
The above quantities are from my mashy leftovers, so if you want more blinis just double up the measurements.
Guacamole with teriyaki marinaded salmon and coriander
Or simply select any combinations from your fridge.
Trust me – these are quite filling so can easily be your fancy dinner tonight!