Do you often buy a pack of lemons on a Monday with good intentions to use them but inevitably come the end of the week find one or two lemons looking very sad in your fruit bowl?
Well do not fear! You are now going to put those little ones to good use and make a delicious ingredient that can turn an ordinary dessert into an extraordinary one!
It is the most delicious thing known as LEMON CURD. I can’t help but salivate as I think of the sweet, tangy yumminess of it.
The best part is that you only need 4 pantry ingredients to create magic.
What to Do :
- Melt the butter in your microwave
- Zest and juice your lemons
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together
- Then add the melted butter, zest, lemon juice and whisk
- Microwave for 1 minute on high, then whisk
- Repeat this step between 5 to 7 minutes in total until thickened
- Pour into a glass container and refrigerate for use later. This recipe makes 1 good sized jar
Notes : If you only have 2 lemons, that’s cool too. Just add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and 80g butter